Actors and Supporting Artists

Actors & Supporting Artists

IAN also specialises in accounts for actors and supporting artists. Often acting performers are self-employed or have more than one job. completing a self-assessment tax return effectively is crucial to their livelihood.

  • How best to operate and structure – Sole Trader / Limited company
  • What expenses you can claim – clothes, props, headshots, show reals etc
  • How to treat the travel allowance and other extras you are paid
  • Whether you can claim cost for a home office or mobile phone
  • Whether to register for VAT
  • We can complete your self assessment tax form or complete statutory accounts and corporation tax returns for limited companies.

Ian sometimes works as a supporting artist himself and you may have spotted him on The Crown, Holby City, The Darkest Hour and Endeavour. He is experienced in what can be claimed and what is the most tax efficient way to operate.

For financial accounting advice, help and support, give us a call or send us a message.

We are by your side Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm and we look forward to hearing from you